Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The beginning of Blogging!!!~Here it goes....

This is our journey into the foster care system to Adopt and bring our little one home. I am quite new to all this blogging thing but I thought it might help as we go through this to share what we can as we wait.

We have had two classes now, one short one long and we will wait for class # 3 until December 3rd. I believe the paper work and waiting for the class is a headache, but as I sit and write I am reminded that our lil one is waiting to come home. They are somewhere in a loving foster home (I am praying for that) waiting for their family to bring them home. I pray for peace and comfort for our lil one and for the families involved.

When we first began this journey foster care was not on my mind at all...however God changed that all together. I could hear him whisper to me Foster Children and all I could say was that we were not ready to be foster parents. Little did I know that He wanted us to adopt a foster child. God knows your heart and He knew that adopting has been in my heart for as long as I can remember. He has grown us in so many ways and we will continue to grow as we go.

The classes have provided valuable information to us and made us aware of just how many waiting children there are everywhere...It breaks my heart that there are so many that have been through some terrifying things, things that would make you want to scream. So I am asking for prayer for our LIL MOSES as we have nicknamed him, that HE is SAFE in a LOVING foster families home. That he is loved and his needs are being met, that the family that he is with are strong, loving, and that GOD would bless them over and over...
Thank you!
Blessings to all!

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, getting children out of the system, more families are needed to make a difference and give this lil ones a safe place that they can call home, and a family that will accept them, proud you guys have stepped up, not easy but worth it to they foster children that are desperately seeking a family to love them.

    ReplyDelete